Farmer Eduardo Mandabon said out of his fear, he was not able to tell the police that he was beaten by the soldiers. He was also interviewed by a staff in the municipal hall and only asked them who owns the rice. He said he told the staff that it was for the NPAs.
A human rights group on Wednesday said that President Rodrigo Duterte’s order to “flatten the hills” and bomb the known lairs of the New People’s Army has endangered the lives and even could target civilians on the ground.
Residents of Barangay Cabuyoan in Mabini Town, Compostela Valley on Tuesday, March 14 hit the military for the aerial strikes on Saturday as they belied the army’s claim that there was an encounter with the New People’s Army.
The five -year old grandchild of the farmer-couple who were slain by armed men in Compostela town last week is the lone witness of the crime.
A farmer-couple who donated a parcel of their land for a lumad school here were laid to rest Sunday after being shot to death in their own home by still unidentified assailants last March 2.
Progressive organizations here denounced Friday the recent pronouncement of President Rodrigo Duterte that he will declare Martial Law if local officials in Mindanao will not help him curb terrorism and address the drug problem.
Partylist lawmaker Carlos Isagani Zarate of Bayan Muna condemned the killing of a local coordinator in Basilan yesterday who was tagged as an Abu Sayyaf leader.
The city’s Integrated Gender and Development Division said it is keen to probe the decrease on the cases of violence against women and children recorded in barangays last year compared to the previous year.
President Rodrigo Duterte declared on Thursday that the killings related to his administration’s drug war will continue, until the last drug lord and pusher is dead or behind bars.
Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Judy Taguiwalo expressed concern Friday over the spate of killings targeting farmers.