DAVAO CITY—Thousands of residents, local and foreign tourists gathered in the streets of Davao City during the finale of the week-long Kadayawan sa Dabaw Festival to witness the parade of 32 floral floats featuring different variety of fresh fruits, vegetables and flowers.
From the 11 contenders who competed in the traditional category (big floats), Kisan Lu Lands and Development, Inc bagged the grand prize and the P500,000 cash prize for the third time. Kisan Lu also won in 2013 and 2015.
Meanwhile, the NCCC Mall got the second prize and the P300,000 cash prize, followed by the IPI Inter Pharma who won third prize and the P150,000 cash prize. The IQOR and Jimms Coffee received P50,000 each for winning the consolation prize.
For the alternative category, the Expert Global Solutions – An Alorica Company won the grand prize with P150,000 cash prize, the Mats College of Technology won second prize and the P100,000 cash prize, and the Philippine Daily Inquirer won the third prize and the P75,000 cash prize. Two winners – the Barangay Kapitan Tomas Monteverde and Philseven Corporation won consolation prize and received P30,000 cash prize each.
All the completing floats were required to have 80 percent fresh plants, fruits and vegetables and the remaining 20 percent will consist of the artificial decorations. (davaotoday.com)