DAVAO CITY, Philippines — The National Telecommunications Commission-National Office has not yet acted upon the recommendation of its regional office to close 30 radio stations.
NTC 11 regional director Nelson Cañete told the media on Wednesday during the AFP-PNP press conference that they are still waiting for the national office to issue the approval of the cease and desist order (CDO) against these stations.
The regional office has been conducting several inspections and monitoring twice last year but despite the warning, Cañete said these stations continued to operate without NTC permits.
Based on NTC 11 report, there were 26 local radio stations that were subject to CDO and another 4 local radio stations which have Show Cause Orders.
Among those recommended were 10 radio stations in Davao del Sur, five in Davao del Norte, several others in Davao Oriental and Compostela Valley. (davaotoday.com)