Over 6,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) were deployed abroad every year but not all of them were accounted by the government, a migrant advocacy group said.
Some 133 survivors of Typhoon Pablo from Compostela town in Compostela Valley Province returned home today after hearing news that the Army has left their community.
A total of 120 Manobo evacuees from Bukidnon returned to their homes Sunday after military forces were reported to have pulled-out from their communities in the past weeks.
The New People’s Army on weekend launched separate attacks in Davao region injuring 19 individuals and killing four others.
Various church groups today vowed to stand against human trafficking describing it as an “absolute evil” which denies dignity of the victims.
The Bureau of Fire and Protection (BFP) said the number of fire incidents this year surged 50 percent higher compared to last year.
The Airport Interdiction Unit led by the Philippine Drugs Enforcment Agency (PDEA) and the Davao City Francis Bangoy International Airport authorities said they are closely monitoring the operation of importing illegal drugs in the city.
Organic food advocates hailed the Supreme Court ruling which permanently stopped the field trials of the genetically modified eggplant or BT Talong saying it is a “milestone” in their campaign to protect the country’s agricultural biodiversity.
Partylist lawmakers today urged the government to pass the Human Rights Defenders Bill which provides penalties for violations of the rights of human rights workers.
More than a hundred Filipino artists and musicians are coming together in a musical collaboration for the campaign supporting the indigenous peoples of Mindanao.