Kawagib Moro Human Rights secretary general Bai Ali Indayla said any policy should ensure that no cultural or religious belief is violated, especially the belief of the Moro people who are vulnerable to human rights violations.
Government and people’s organizations are set for an ocular visit in Sitio Muling, Barangay Gupitan in Kapalong, Davao del Norte province on September 13-15 in preparation for the safe return of the Lumads staying in a church compound here.
Families of political prisoners called anew for the immediate release of their relatives as the peace talks between the government and the National Democratic Front continue.
A non-government organization said that the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) of the Philippine National Police “planted” the two identification cards that supported the arrest of a Lumad school teacher in Cebu City last month.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will provide not only financial aid for the casualties of the Roxas night market bombing but also therapy services for three months for all the victims who are now experiencing physical and mental pain.
As early as 4:00 am on September 2, Tuesday, Lumad evacuees occupying the provincial sports center in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur, together with support groups packed up, rode at least 10 trucks, and traveled more than four hours back to their communities in Sitio Han-ayan of Barangay Diatagon of this town.
Human rights group Amnesty International and the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) on Saturday, September 3, urged President Rodrigo Duterte to respond to the deadly Davao blast “with peace and not with more violations of human rights.”
The Lumad evacuees in the provincial sports center in Tandag City, Surigao del Sur are returning to their communities on Friday, September 2.
The Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Judy M. Taguiwalo ordered all field offices to monitor the situation of evacuees in various areas following the death of a two-year old Manobo child at an evacuation camp in Malaybalay City, Bukidnon.
More than 500 indigenous peoples who are now staying at the Sports Complex in Tandag, Surigao del Sur are set to “reclaim” their community in Sitio Han-ayan in Lianga of the same province.