Read more about the article DepEd denies charges of neglecting IP schools
SAVE LUMAD SCHOOLS. Lumad students from Mindanao who are part of this year’s Lakbayan of National Minorities picket the Department of Education’s office on Monday, Sept. 4, to protest the continuing threats and harassment against Lumad schools in Mindanao. (Alex D. Lopez/davaotoday.com)

DepEd denies charges of neglecting IP schools

The Department of Education on Thursday denied allegations from children's rights organization that it? has neglected? schools serving the indigenous peoples (IP) across the country.

Continue ReadingDepEd denies charges of neglecting IP schools
Read more about the article PH ranks 5th in global index of scot-free media killers
Members of the National Union of Journalists of the Philippines in Davao City light candles for the victims of the Ampatuan Massacre in a candle lighting ceremony on Wednesday, Nov. 23, 2016. The activity is held to commemorate the massacre in Ampatuan, Maguindanao seven years ago which claimed the lives of 58 people, including 32 media workers. (Paulo C. Rizal/davaotoday.com)

PH ranks 5th in global index of scot-free media killers

A global media watchdog has ranked the Philippines the fifth country where media killers remain scot-free and killings remain unresolved because of the government’s foot-dragging.

Continue ReadingPH ranks 5th in global index of scot-free media killers
Read more about the article Karapatan says ‘killing spree’ against rights workers in PH continue
Photo courtesy of Karapatan

Karapatan says ‘killing spree’ against rights workers in PH continue

A human rights group said Tuesday, October 31, that the Duterte administration continues to intensify its attacks against human rights defenders under the counter-insurgency program “Oplan Kapayapaan.”

Continue ReadingKarapatan says ‘killing spree’ against rights workers in PH continue
Read more about the article ‘Too late’: Bislig mayor warned to stop threatening slain broadcaster
Photo taken from Chris Iban Lozada's Facebook account

‘Too late’: Bislig mayor warned to stop threatening slain broadcaster

A special body created by the Palace to protect media practitioners revealed Wednesday, October 25, that it previously warned Bislig City Mayor Librado Navarro from threatening the late radio broadcaster Christopher Lozada.

Continue Reading‘Too late’: Bislig mayor warned to stop threatening slain broadcaster