DAVAO CITY, Philippines – The city goverment will allocate P4.2 million as donation for the earthquake affected residents of Davao del Sur and Cotabato provinces.
The city council passed the resolution on Tuesday, allowing the city mayors’ office to utilize a portion of the 30 percent Quick Reaction Fund out of the five percent Disaster Risk Reduction and Management fund or the calamity fund of the city government for 2019.
The city government will donate P1 million each for the provinces of Davao del Sur and Cotabato.
P500,000 will also be given to the cities of Kidapawan and Digos while the towns of Matalam, Magpet, Mlang and Hagonoy will also recieve an amount of P300,000 from the city government.
In an interview with Councilor Danilo Dayanghirang, chair of the committee of finance in the city council, he said that the decision to give assistance for the identified areas was the result of the Davao City Disaster Meeting and the City Development Council headed by Mayor Sara Duterte-Carpio.
Dayanghirang also said there is a possibility of giving additional amount from donations to affected areas upon assessment by the city government.
“The mayor scientifically handled it properly. There was a meeting of the CDC, not just on impulse, but based on the report from the field,” said Dayanghirang.
Mayor Sara already visited the areas affected in Davao del Sur and Cotabato provinces last week.(davaotoday.com)